Friday, October 2, 2009

How i got into Mimicry

I donno whether it is the right topic to start a blog with, but thats a thing very close to my heart n has given me sum recognition. The whole story dates back to 2002-03 (my 9th grade), where i had an habit of learning movie dialogues n impressing friends by uttering those without a stop. I wud love when my frnds giggled over it. Slowly i started giving stress on the voices also n unbelievably i cud get sum voices right!!!
Then i wud also imitate my teachrs in front of my frnds n they wud support me lik hell (coz every1 had grudge wid sum1 or d other...lolz). I kept polishing my mimicry as the days passed by. At the end of the year i found i cud impersonate sum very famous actors lik Amitabh Bachchan, SRK, Raj Kumar, Dilip Kumar n few other contemporary actors. Anyways the voices of these actors wer not very difficult ones n may ppl can do after a li'l practice, but still i was happy wid whatever i cud. After i moved to Junior colg, once i gav a thought of putting it on stage, on sum colg event, but cudnt gather courage coz i didnt hav many accolades til then, so i gav up.
It was in senior colg (PICT) wher i 1st displayed my act at FE meet wid an astonishing 13 actors' list, without practice .....n ther d crowd rose wid applauds serving as a huge motivation 2 me. Many ppl started knowing me, not by my name but by my act, n that was my 1st prize !! Then it was no looking back....i tried mimickin more n more actors, spent time watchin actors closely n watchin other mimicry artists' perform...
After my highly acclaimed 'Bollywood colg of engg' act in Addiction 2008, I was cocksure of my capability to make ppl rolling wid laughter. It was then i got a chance to do sum voice-overs at Radio Mirchi n got calls to do acts in ceremonies. But my mimicry is sumthng very dear to me n i wil treat it as an hobby, not as a money-makin medium. Til date i can mimic over 40 actors, wid sum Hollywood stars n sum singers.
These days i spent time writing new scripts for mimicry n performing it 4 myself !!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are an artist with mimicry man!!
    And a great one!
    We BE II love your style of mimicry! :)

    -Neer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Neer ! that was indeed a gr8 compliment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u hav really developed it wid efforts so maintain it carefully...


    @NEER not BE-II d whole colg...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one man... You are an artist!! And i like your attitude.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Bro keep it up

    ReplyDelete